Welcome to London Quilters, a Camden based quilt group comprising both traditional and contemporary quilters.
Picture of the Month
Sand, Sea and Sunshine by Priscilla Jones
Latest News - Last updated 05/07/14
- Our next meeting is on 21st July Sewing Evening. Bring along some stitching and enjoy a chat.
- There is no meeting in August but here are two projects to keep you busy over the summer:
1. Make bunting for the Noah's Ark Hospice (see details on news page).
2. Make a quilt for the LQ exhibition which is being held at the Swiss Cottage Library from November 17th to January 4th .
- Advance notice: On September 15th our speaker will be the author Tracy Chevalier.
In her most recent book, The Last Runaway, her heroine is a quilter. As well as learning a lot about quilts whilst researching the book, Tracy learned to quilt by hand. Her website www.tchevalier.com has more information about how she researched and wrote the book.
Tracy has curated an exhibition "Things We Do in Bed" at Danson House in Bexleyheath which is on until October 31st. See http://www.bexleyheritagetrust.org.uk/dansonhouse/whats-on/ for more information.
Please note: Space in Crossfield Centre Hall is limited. If you are a non-member and would like to attend Tracy's talk, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place. Prices for non-members for this event will be £10.